Pages

04 March 2014

Something New

I'm tired of glass cannons. That's pretty much the sole reason for my interest in building a Space Marine army. From my entry to playing 40k in mid-5th edition, I've played Imperial Guard. I love tanks, and liked the shooting aspect of the Guard. Late in 5th, I picked up playing Dark Eldar, because I grew tired of running away from assaults and being reactive to armies with a close combat punch. Still a fragile army, but one that hit hard if it hit first. I never really wanted to play Marines, partly out of personal taste, and partly out of local meta/army balance.

In 6th, I've not had a lot of fun playing those two armies. In general, the vaugeries of luck and "what happens if you don't shoot/assault first?" made playing my armies less fun overall. So I started looking around. With the release of the 6th edition Space Marine codex, I finally started to get interested in what the mooks in power armor had to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment